Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Guest Blogger of the Day: The Page Flipper!

We only have three days left in the Bradford Blog Bash, and THREE amazing guest bloggers still waiting to visit with us! So for the rest of the week, we're gonna have a guest book blogger EVERY DAY! First off, The Page Flipper, AKA Chelsea, was kind enough to sit down and talk to us about why it is that she blogs about books!

Name: Chelsea
Blog url: thepageflipper.blogspot.com

Tell us a little bit about your blog (the content, editorial identity, purpose):
My blog's main purpose is to connect with readers and push my opinion on them. :) Really, I just like to help promote new YA books coming out in the market, and help readers find books they'd be interested in. I try to review a variety of different genres, to hit with everyone. I also have a YA book club, where we discuss a different book each month; it's great to be able to fully geek out about books without being laughed at. (Here's looking to you, brother!)

We would never laugh about book love—we get it! How/when/why did you decide to start blogging? Is your current blog your first?
I decided to start in late 2007 - the main reason was because my family and friends got completely sick of me rattling on about my latest read. I figured I'd start sharing my opinion with people who actually wanted to hear it! It's completely addicting. The Page Flipper is my first blog, but it's been through many transformations. It was a cocoon at first, in its little bloggish state. It grew on its own, but then I decided to put it in an incubator and created a website. That lasted for a month or so, until I missed my blogging ways, and started back up again. Now I like to think of it as a butterfly. (I do realize how corny I am, thanks.)

Not corny, poetic! So, what's your favorite thing about blogging?
I lovelovelove communicating with other readers and authors. When I first started, I didn't picture "book blogging" to be as big and as friendly of a community as it became. I love talking to other readers about books, and to authors about writing. It's been a ton of fun, and I don't plan on giving it up anytime soon.

What is one thing that surprised you about the blogging process?
Free books! I started out with just library books - I used to make weekly trips. I had no idea what ARCs were, and when I was offered a free book, I thought it was a scam. Seriously. I was also surprised by how many bloggers are out there. We could totally dominate the world.

In your opinion, what constitutes a "good" (ie: interesting, readable) blog post?
I love humor. If you add a little of that into your posts, you're golden. And casualness. If you write formally all the time, it can get boring.

What sort of information are you looking to offer your readers?
I hope to provide my (fabulous!) readers with a fun environment to learn about new books, and to be able to get to know authors in an easy, laid-back way.

What blogs do you read regularly?
Eep. So many! I love The Story Siren's blog, along with Reviewer X's. And Po(sey) Sessions! The Book Muncher. Teen Book Review. The Compulsive Reader. I could go on and on, but someone would probably bring in duct tape, and I'd like to just avoid that whole scenario.

Thanks, Micol, for interviewing me! :)

Thanks for stopping by, Chelsea!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea is fantastic! She is the first blogger I really connected with. I love, love, love her blog, book club, and author chats. If you haven't visited her blog, do so NOW!

    ReplyDelete